PASSPORT FROM DOMINICA GIVES VISA FREE TRAVEL TO 136 COUNTRIES + CANADA, HONG KONG, SINGAPORE, U.K. AND THE SCHENGEN AREA
The Commonwealth of Dominica is known as the ‘Nature Island of the Caribbean’ due to its wide variety of flora and fauna and extensive natural park system, boasting a remarkably unspoiled natural beauty. Its emerald green mountain sides cascade down to the mild Caribbean ocean and are speckled with coconut trees, banana plantations and bright tropical owers. Dominica is home to the world’s second largest thermally active lake, and boasts hot and cold sulphur springs with healing properties.
ROUTE TO THE COMONWEALTH OF DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM
COUNTRY KEY FACTS
- Capital: St John's
- Total Area 440 sq. km
- Language: Official English, Social Antiguan Creole
- Currency: XCD East Caribbean dollar
- Govt: Parliamentary democracy under constitutional monarchy
- Monarch: Elizabeth II
- Visa free countries 136
- Ranking: 30th
BENEFITS & ELIGIBILITY
- Visa-free travel to over 119 countries, including the Schengen area, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- No physical stay required
- The application process is confidential
- Minimal taxation, no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax and no personal income tax for residents
- Double taxation treaties with the USA and Caricom
- No restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Generous incentive packages including corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits and exportallowance
- Currency pegged to US Dollar
- Duty Free Trading in the Caribbean
- Main applicant, 1 spouse, dependent children from 0 to 28, dependent parents above to 55
- Options to access Dominican Citizenship are
- THE GOVERNMENT FUND CONTRIBUTION
- REAL ESTATE OPTION
- GOVERNMENT FEES You can find detailed explanation of each option below.
THE GOVERNMENT FUND
THE GOVERNMENT FUND was established through the economic citizenship program as one component of anational capital mobilization portfolio towards an ultimate goal of national development for Dominica.Generated funds are utilised for public and private sector projects where a need is identified. Public sector projects include (1) buildingof schools, (2) renovation of the hospital, (3) building of a national Sports stadium and (4) towards the promotion of the Offshore Sector.Private sector projects, emphasis is on the tourism, information technology and agricultural sectors.
1. Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 100,000 is required2. Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 175,000 is required3. Applicant with up to three dependents (Applicant plus spouse and two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution ofUS$ 200,0004. Applicant with up to four dependents or more (Applicant plus spouse and more than two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of US$ 200,000 (plus US$ 25,000 for each additional dependent).
REAL ESTATE OPTION
To qualify for citizenship of Dominica under the Real Estate Option under the Citizenship by Investment Program, an applicant mustpurchase authorized real estate to the minimum value of US$ 220,000.GOVERNMENT FEESUS$ 50,000 for the Main ApplicantFamily of four (main applicant and three dependents) - US$ 75,000.Family of six (main applicant and five dependents) - US$ 100,000.For families comprised of more than five dependents, the relevant amounts outlined above based on family composition apply.US$ 25,000 for children over 18 but under the age of 28US$ 25,000 for elderly dependentsUS$ 20,000 for children under the age of 18 are added into the calculation of final fees.The real estate must be held for 5 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Program after 5 years fromthe original purchase date.