PASSPORT FROM MALTA GRANTS ACCESS TO MORE THAN 168 COUNTRIES VISA FREE
Malta were the first EU country to offer citizenship by investment opportunities to high net-worth foreign investors , granting a second European passport if all legal and financial requirements are met as part of the program. Malta has been a part of the EU since 2004 and part of Schengen since 2007. Malta citizenship offers many benefits including world-wide mobility with access to visa-free travel in over 177 countries including EU, USA and Canada. A second Maltese passport will also be offered to direct family members including the parents of the applicant, your spouse and your children. This allows your children the right to live and study in over 28 EU member states, making Maltese citizenship a very attractive prospect for anyone looking to invest in real estate or businesses in Europe. There is a number of legislative criteria to meet in order to gain citizenship in Malta. The main regulation being that any applicant must make a significant and non-refundable contribution to the Maltese National Development and Social Fund. The following contributions must be made within 4 months of being issued a Malta IIP Letter of Approval in Principle:
- Main applicant - €650,000
- Spouse - €25,000
- Minor children - €25,000 each
- Children 18-26 (unmarried) - €50,000 each
- Dependent parents & grandparents - €50,000 each
- Adult children (physically or mentally challenged) - €50,000 each
ROUTE TO MALTA CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM
COUNTRY KEY FACTS
- Capital: Valetta
- Total Area: 316 sq Km
- Language: Maltese (social) 98% (derived from Siculo-Arabic) English 88%
- Currency: €
- Govt: Parliamentary republic
- Visa free to US
- Visa free countries:168
- Ranking: 9 th
- Time Frame: 14 months
- Dependants: Children under the age of 25
- Physical Stay Required: 1 Visit
- No Language Test
- Right to live and work anywhere in Europe
- Right to attend schools and Universities within any EU country for free or at special tuition rates exclusive for EU nationals Protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of any EU country in a third country
- Access to well established EU healthcare systems
- Contribute to the economic and social development of Malta. Subject to a stringent vetting and diligence process, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their dependents are granted citizenship in exchange for such contribution.
- Clean criminal record only.
- CONTRIBUTION TO THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT To qualify for Maltese citizenship by investment, the main applicant is required to contribute at least €650,000 to Malta. Spouses and children are required to contribute €25,000; unmarried children between 18 and 26 and dependent parents mustcontribute €50,000 each.
- INVESTMENT IN BONDS Applicants are required to invest at least €150,000 in Government approved bonds from time to time be kept for 5 years.
- PROPERTY PURCHASE OR RENTAL Applicants are required to make an investment in property of at least €350,000 or enter a property rental contract for at least €16,000 p.a, both on five year contracts.