MALTA GOLDEN VISA GRANTS A EU RESIDENCE CARD WITH VISA-FREE TRAVEL WITHIN SCHENGEN AREA
The island lies in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, between Europe and Africa. The country is a member of the major international organizations including the United Nations and the Council of Europe, the International Monetary Fund and is a member of the European Union as well as the Eurozone and the Schengen Area. Citizenship obtained under this program grants the rights of full citizenship for life and can be passed on to future generations by descent.
ROUTE TO MALTA GOLDEN VISA
COUNTRY KEY FACTS
- Capital: Valetta
- Total Area: 316 sq Km
- Population: 431,333
- Language: Maltese (social) 98% (derived from Siculo-Arabic) English 88%
- Currency: €
- Government: Parliamentary republic
- Visa free to US
- Visa free countries:167
- Ranking: 10th
- EU residence card gives visa-free travel within Schengen area
- Right to reside indefinitely in Malta
- Five years permanent residence, renewable indefinitely
- Investment required only for first five years
- No residence requirement
- Taxed only on Maltese source income and remitted income
- Family members can be included
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Cannot be EU national
- Meets the application requirements laid down by Malta Residence and Visa Program
- Commits to provide proof of title to qualifying property (which must be held for a minimum 5 year period from the date of issue of the residence certificate)
- Commits to invest in qualifying investment (Government bonds or other approved investments announced from time to time)
- Commits to pay in full the contribution of €30,000
- Is in possession of valid travel document as are his dependents
- Has either an annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside Malta or has in his possession a capital of not less than €500,000
- INCOME: The Applicant has to declare an annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside Malta or has in his/her possession a capital of not less than €500,000.
- PROPERTY PURCHASE OR RENTAL Applicants are required to make an investment in property of at least €320,000 (Malta) or €270,000 (Gozo / South of Malta) or enter a property rental contract for at least €12,000 (Malta) or €10,000 (Gozo / South of Malta) p.a, both on five year contracts.
- CONTRIBUTION TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MALTA To qualify for Maltese Residency by investment, the main applicant is required to contribute at least €30,000 to Malta, payable on approval.
- INVESTMENT IN BONDS Applicants are required to invest at least €250,000 in Government approved bonds to be kept for 5 years. This is only due on approval.