Have any questions?
Malta, officially known as the Republic of Malta, is a Southern European island nation in the Mediterranean Sea, lying 80 km south of Italy. Its citizenship program offers great advantages to families: once granted, citizenship is valid for life, and is hereditary for direct family members. Citizens have access to an excellent healthcare system provided free to Maltese citizens, and high quality international education is available for children.
The Maltese Government is pro-business, and creating a company in Malta is straightforward. Its legislation and tax system are amongst the most favourable in Europe.
Malta Citizenship Benefits
- Visa-free travel to 182 countries
- Live and work in any EU country
- Excellent and affordable education
- Access well established healthcare
- Low crime rates
- No language test required
- Only one visit a year required
- Family also eligible for passports
Malta citizenship-by-investment requirements
Applicants must fulfil ALL of the following:
Make a non-refundable contribution to the National Development and Social Fund:
- €650,000 for main applicant.
- €25,000 for spouse and each dependant under 18.
- €50,000 for each dependant over 18.
Hold a residence in Malta for at least five years, meeting one of the following criteria:
- Lease a property with annual rent over €16,000.
- Purchase of a property with value over €350,000.
€150,000 into Malta government bonds (or via approved funds for the same) for at least 5 years.
- €7,500 for main applicant.
- €5,000 for spouse.
- €5,000 for dependants aged over 18 years of age.
- €3,000 for dependants aged 13-17 years of age.
- Nil for applicants between 0 - 12 years of age.
Global cover with no exclusions covering at least €50,000 per family member.
- Citizenship must be granted within 24 months of issuance of first Residence Card.
- Property and government bonds must be held for at least 5 years.
- Comprehensive documentation requirements.
To view the official government website for this programme, please click here.
MALTESE CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Month 1
Submit residence permit application.
- Months 2-4
Prepare and submit Citizenship-by-Investment application.
- Months 5-8
Application is processed and due diligence carried out.
Applicant must fulfil 12-month residency requirements during this period.
- Months 9-10
- Months 11-12
Purchase / lease property.
Purchase Government Bonds.
- Months 13-14
Apply for and collect passport(s).
Enjoy the benefits of a European Passport in as little as 13 months after application. Complete the form below to start your journey.