Have any questions?
Malta has been a member of the EU since 2004, and of the Schengen Area since 2007. It enjoys a stable political climate with a low risk of financial instability.
The Residence Programme offers great advantages to individuals and families seeking to operate throughout the European Union Schengen Area. The Maltese Government is pro-business, and creating a company in Malta is straightforward. Its legislation and tax system are amongst the most favourable in Europe.
Residence extends to spouse, children under 18, children over 18 as long as they are unmarried and non-economically active, as well as parents and grandparents that are primarily dependent on the main applicant.
Malta has the lowest violent crime rates in Europe. Combined with a laid back lifestyle, proximity to the sea and 300 days of sunshine, it is an extremely attractive location.
English is an official language of Malta (alongside Maltese), and is widely spoken. All government forms and documents are produced in English, as well as road signs, restaurant menus, and other important information.
Malta Residency Benefits
- Visa-free travel throughout EU Schengen Area
- EU Residence card granted from Day 1
- Right to reside indefinitely in Malta
- Only a five year investment required
- Family members included
- Pro business government
- Low cost EU residency program
- Five years permanent residence, renewable indefinitely
Malta Residence Requirements
Applicants must fulfil ALL of the following requirements:
- Make a government contribution of €68,000
- Purchase a property with a minimum value of €300,000 in the south of Malta and Gozo or €350,000 in any other area of the country
- Make a government contribution of €98,000
- Rent a residential property for a minimum annual lease of €10,000 in the south of Malta and Gozo or €12,000 in any other area of the country
With Option 1 or Option 2, a charitable donation of €2,000 is required.
- Whether purchasing or leasing a property the minimum hold time is five years
- For both options, applicants can add parents or grandparents for an additional €7,500 each
- All applicants must have Malta health insurance
- Applicants must declare that they in possession of a minimum of €500,000 in capital assets, of which, €150,000 must be shown as available liquid assets
Malta's Permanent Residence Programme is amongst the most sought after visas in the world. To find out more, fill out the form below.