Changes to the St Lucia Citizenship Programme
16 June 2020
The St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme was recently amended to ensure it remains competitive within the Caribbean region.
COVID-19 Relief Bond Option
The government announced a COVID-19 Relief Bond option that is available until December 31, 2020. This qualifying option requires the purchase of non-interest bearing bonds at a value of US$250,000 for a family up to four.
- A single applicant is required to hold the bonds for five years.
- A married couple is required to hold the bonds for six years.
- A family of four is required to hold the bonds for seven years. This hold period can be reduced for a family up to four down to five years if they purchase US$300,000 in bonds.
There is also a non-refundable administrative fee of US$30,000. Regular due diligence and passport fees also apply.
New Family Pricing
While the St Lucia Citizenship Programme had always been the most cost-effective for a single applicant, it was a higher-priced option for families compared to many of the other Caribbean citizenship offerings.
- For a family of two, the contribution drops from US$165,000 down to US$140,000 resulting in a savings of US$25,000.
- For a family of four, the savings are even greater with a reduction from US$190,000 to US$150,000.
This revised pricing aligns more closely to Antigua’s citizenship programme which is the most cost-effective for families.
Contact us today at email@example.com for more information on the St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme and obtaining a second passport for you and your family.